Home > News > Content

Why Ventilation & Temperature Controlling Of The Chicken Poultry House

May 09, 2017

What is Ventilation?
Ventilation is a very critical system within many intensive agricultural opportunities, enabling enough transport (addition or removal) of heat, cooling dew, unhealthy gases such as carbon dioxide and healthy gases such as oxygen.

Why Do Poultry Farms Need Proper Ventilation?
Typically, open poultry sheds are strained to warm weather that match a chicken’s comfortable conditions. These types of shed are normally characterized by a roof covering and low level boundary walls and / or mesh, arranging little to no form of climate control for the birds. In these stages, ventilation systems are not applied, including some local heaters used as required.

Closed poultry farm sheds typically incorporate including some level of ventilation via either passive or mechanical terms in the attempt to control internal environment. Chicken growth, health and nature are largely dependent upon internal conditions, that in turn, are largely a function of ventilation. Ventilation requirements switch with ambient conditions (temperature, humidity, air), a chicken’s cases of development and bird density, size of shed and airtight condition, and as such, require protective consideration.

Temperature Controlling of Poultry House – Cooling Pad and Exhaust Fan
At this moment by considering all the prospects, you might have realized that cooling pads and exhaust fans are a must for every poultry farm.
Let’s consider an insight on the in-depth working procedure of both of them

Why This Is Important?
Poultry feed is too rich in energy/calories (same as energy density to chocolate cake including frosting). The energy in these feed is used by the birds to grow up, produce more eggs, move, as well as, power the main functions of life (breathing, pumping blood, maintaining body temperature, immunity, etc). Though we consider birds as very efficient animals, the true statement is that only 25% of the calories in the feed consumed is used for these functions, the remaining 75% is put off in the form of heat – heat a bird have to rid itself of in order to conserve normal body temperature and survive as well.

Many poultry farm are equipped with cooling systems which consist of some arrangement of cool cell pads at one end of the farm and large tunnel exhort fans at the opposite end. To main operation of their evaporative cooling procedures, poultry farm growers must have a understanding of the relationship between temperature and humidity and the effect it has on birds. The relationship have to be both simple and complicated.

How These works
A ventilation system alone never can reduce in-house temperature and below temperatures outside the house. In hot conditions additional cooling systems must be utilised to keep chickens cool. Most often water is used to cool excess heat which is also known as evaporative cooling system.
A well designed and most efficient exhort fans and also cooling pads which meets the both end of healthy poultry farm environment and budget-friendly farming.
This is a list of how our cooling gadgets will help you to maintain a proper balanced poultry farm

Enough supply of oxygen and other essential gasses to the poultry farm from the outside.
Cooling and warming according to the requirement.
Heat dissipation and temperature Distribution in a proper way.
Discharge of excess moisture, dust and dirt.
Supplying uncontaminated air to the chickens and birds inside the poultry house.
For high density population of livestock and poultry farm in confinement, useful ventilation is a must. Ventilation carries away odors, dust, dampness and excess heat from the room and maintains a healthy environment.

Key To Getting Maximum of The Cooling System
The key to getting the most out of evaporative cooling system is to move the maximum amount of air through the farm house. Wind speed and airflow in house are what keep birds alive. Growers have to understand this if they are to properly manage evaporative cooling systems then birds raise successfully during hot weather.
Evaporative cooling systems is beneficial to the poultry industry but they are with their problems. In the combination with tunnel ventilation, they allow the production of healthy, profitable flocks during hot summer conditions. However, they can create high humidity conditions in the house, which have to be combated with increased air movement over the birds.